Error message when trying to delete a message from iPad or iPhone:
Go To Settings (Gear icon).
- Click Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on your email account (You will want to make sure this is set for all your IMAP accounts.)
- Click Account Info.
- Click Advanced (At the very bottom. You may need to hide the keyboard to see this.)
Under the “Mailbox Behaviors” listing at the top, select “Drafts Mailbox”
- In the new window, select the “Sent Mailbox” folder. From the “On the Server” listing in the lower portion of the window, select the “Sent” folder. You should see a check mark next to this folder. Do NOT check the “On My iPhone” “Sent” selection at the top.
- Click the “Advanced” button on the top left to go back to the advanced page.
- Click the “Deleted Mailbox”.
- Click the folder named “Trash” folder under the “On the Server” portion. Not the iPhone trash at the top, and not any other named folders (like “Deleted Messages”, “INBOXTrash”, etc..)
- Click the “Advanced” button on the top left.
- Click on “Account Info”.
- Click “DONE” (do not click Cancel).
You may need to then completely shut down, and then turn your iPhone back on.