Follow these instructions to check or edit the settings for your Plusnet or hosted domain email address.
- In Windows Live Mail 2011, right click on your email account and choose Properties from the menu.
- Your email account settings are split between 4 tabs: General, Servers, Security and Advanced.
Below we’ll explain what you can edit under each tab.
If you make any changes that you want to keep, click OK to close the window.
On this tab you’ll see the name of the account holder and email address (look below the screenshot if you’re not sure what the settings should be).
- Your Name: This should be your name (or the name you’d like people to see when you send them email)
- E-mail Address: This should the address you’re editing, this could be a Plusnet address (email@example.com) or a hosted domain address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can leave the Reply E-mail and Organization fields blank unless you have reason not to.
This tab shows your email server and login settings (look below the screenshot if you’re not sure what the settings should be).
- Incoming mail server: For POP3, this needs to be mail.plus.net, for IMAP this needs to be imap.plus.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): This should be relay.plus.net
- E-mail username & Password: Make sure you’ve entered the username and password for the email address you’re setting up (I don’t know what these are)
Make sure Log on using clear text authentication is selected.
You can also switch on SMTP Authentication here, see our SMTP Authentication for Windows Live Mail 2011 guide for help with this.
Use the settings on this tab to encrypt or digitally sign your emails. This is not something we support so we can’t offer any advice on this.
Unless you want to change the length of time messages are stored on our servers after downloading, you shouldn’t need to alter the settings on this tab.
If you’re using an IMAP account, the Incoming server port number should 143, otherwise your settings should match the screenshot below.